Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Pooky!

Okay, I know that Pooky's birthday was really Saturday, August 9. But on that day we were still recovering from the slumber party of the night before, for Sabra's birthday, so I am very sorry I am late with this. Though I am sure you're not surprised. Sabra was actually supposed to be born on Pooky's birthday, but it didn't quite work out that way. That would have been cool, though. Still, it hasn't stopped them from having all their 2nd-born bonding going on...

For those of you who don't know, Pooky is my baby sister, Carole Jean, who turned 35 on Saturday. She's great...she's smart and funny and caring and loyal, and probably the most generous person I know. She'll do anything for anyone, because she's just that wonderful.

I remember when my other two siblings were born, but I don't remember when Pooky was. We're only 2 1/2 years apart, but I do remember the story of how I used to stick my Baby Bean up my shirt so I could feed her like Mom fed Pooky. Good times...

Sweetie, you are my best friend and I love you. I wish you every good thing for the coming year. 35 isn't so bad--I think you'll have a good time.

Love,
Your Big Sister

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 35th Birthday, Carole!!

Judy & David

Mark Teel said...

Happy birthday, Girl Who Has Always Been Four Months Younger Than Me.