Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here We Go Again




Well, it's the end of the term, and paper-grading time, so you know what that means. Yes, it's our bi-yearly plagiarism report.

Here's the memo I just sent to my World Religion students:


Plagiarism--Pay Close Attention

Taking the work of someone else and changing a few words here and there IS STILL PLAGIARISM. If you "forget" to write down a certain source that you took most of your text from, I will still find it. I have already failed 2 of you for this. I hope it's not more. And if you are now thinking, "Did I do that?" chances are, it's very possible.

If anyone wants to rewrite their papers and get them to me by tomorrow night, I will throw out your old paper and start fresh. There will be a 10% late penalty, but that's better than 0, don't you think? You will have to email them to me, so make arrangements.

I'm very disappointed in a few of you. I thought better of you than this.

For those of you who put the work into your papers, thank you. It's hard-working students like you who keep us teachers going when we have to deal with this other stuff.

No comments: