Thursday, May 13, 2010

58 Signs You May Have Been Abducted by Aliens




I'm not going to post all 58 here, because they belong to another writer, and you can find them on his site, 58 Possible Signs of Alien Abduction.

However, having this information does put an interesting new spin on some pieces of my life. For example, Sign #2 is unusual marks on your body or scars you can't remember where they came from.

Check.

I also qualify for:

#4. Unexplained medical problems: Sudden illness, sinus problems, fatigue, migraines, or rashes. I have all of those except the rashes!

#22. Psychic abilities. Now this author thinks that means that you get a feeling that something's going to happen,then it does. But in my case, I get a feeling something's going to happen, and it NEVER does! See? I can predict with certainty what won't happen! If I get a feeling about something, you can bet it's NOT that!

#24. Startled. You awaken in the night with a feeling of panic or anxiety for no apparent reason. In my case, since my husband has the fan on so loud you wouldn't hear a tornado, I'm usually convinced that someone's in the house and I just can't hear him.

#42. Headaches. Since I get every possible type of headache, I'm sure one of them is covered in this.

#51. Difficulty trusting. I thought this was just cynicism born from the experience of being screwed over too many times, but now I know the real reason.

#54. Locking doors. You double and triple check locking up at night to prevent someone or something from getting into the house. Check.


I confess that I do find elements of this list amusing, because everything has some other explanation. But the guy who wrote this up has had a really hard time in some of his struggles, and I don't mean to mock him. I don't know whether I believe in aliens or not, or the whole alien abduction thing. I do know that a lot of strange stuff goes on in the world, much of consistent across history and culture, and much of it inexplicable by post-Enlightenment standards. So, who knows...?

No comments: