Friday, October 23, 2009

Anniversary!

Today is Matt's and my 16th anniversary! Happy anniversary, sweetie!

I can honestly say that marrying my husband was the best thing I've ever done. I'm a better person because I'm with him than I could have been without him. It hasn't been perfect, and there were a few rocky years, especially in the beginning, but I wouldn't change anything. Even the difficult stuff made us closer and stronger.

I hear other women complain about the men in their lives, and I certainly know that some men can't be trusted or depended upon. And some men leave human destruction in the wake of all they do...things that their daughters and sons will be paying for for generations. I see it, hear it, know that it's out there, but it's very far from my experience. There's nobody in the world I trust more or enjoy more than my husband.

I do a lot of premarital and marital counseling, and one thing I tell my couples is that marriage can be everything you're dreaming of right now. It can be that ideal of friendship, support and passion that we all go into it hoping for. It doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen on its own, but it can happen. And it gets better every year.

And, it's not even 1:00 and it's already been a great day. Life is so good.

I love you, sweetie.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

You chose... wisely :)

Katherine C. Teel said...

LOL...thanks, Michelle! My mom deserves a lot of the credit, since she started praying for us to end up together the day she met him.