Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Annie!

This is more than a week late, but I figured now I've started a tradition of the week-after birthday posts, and who I am to go agaisnt tradition?

Last week was the 29th birthday of my baby sister, Annie! Yay! She was born at the end of a sweltering hot summer; if you look through news archives, you will see that we had a terrible heat wave in the summer of 1979. We didn't have air conditioning, either. I was not quite 9, but I still remember all that.

Annie is by far the most glamorous and fashionable person in our family. I mean, even if we all won the lottery, we could never match the sheer style and personality that Annie achieves every day. And I completely admire that (actually envy it a bit, to tell the truth).

But really, the best things about Annie aren't those gorgeous externals. She has a huge generous heart--she's even gotten awards for community service. She takes charge at the VFW, running Bingo games and volunteering and singing her heart out for our country and those who served it. She puts herself out for people, and really goes above and beyond for anyone who needs it. That's what I really admire about her; she's beautiful both inside and out.

Happy 29th birthday, sweetie! I hope it was a good one, and I hope you have a great year.

Love,
Your Big Sister

No comments: