Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And now for something really scary...

In honor of Halloween, I'm posting a site that might interest you. It features photographs and videos of ghosts and other entities that are thought to be supernatural. The site is Slightly Warped's Ghastly Ghost Gallery .

I am warning you, though, that some of these are really scary. Not bloody or gory, but just so real, and experts have never been able to figure out how they might have been faked or whether there's another, less supernatural explanation. So, if you are freaked out by this sort of thing, you probably shouldn't check this out. I kind of wish I had given myself that advice last night; I might have slept better.

I don't have any opinion about the veracity of these photos and videos. They look real to me, but I would probably be very easy to fool. But I do know that there are things in the world that can't be explained. And I also know that most of the people of the world throughout history have believed that the supernatural world touches the natural one--at least occasionally. That's pretty persuasive to me.

Love y'all. Have a safe Halloween.

7 comments:

Maevenly said...

I considered myself forewarned against any irrepararable damage I might incur in looking at the site you included with your post. But, when I went to click on the link, it didn't work! Que Horror!
I wanna be traumatized, Kat! Please, help me to be traumatized!
Maevenly

Katherine C. Teel said...

Thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now. You can call me if you get freaked out...

Mark Teel said...

I just browned my whites!

Katherine C. Teel said...

MARK! You were the specific one I was thinking about when I gave that warning! WHAT were you thinking???

Unknown said...

Whata buncha wusses.

On second thought, I don't think I'll venture there...

Maevenly said...

Okay - I'm officially, as far as that site goes - a wuss. Put me IN that category, give me my Wuss Stick and put me on the Wuss Poster Woman of Month calendar.

I got as far as accessing the site, but wussed out when it came to actually clicking on any of the links. Chaulk it up to being Halloween, the windy weather or the fact that I don't need another self-induced nightmare! LOL!

Anyway - thanks for posting this, Kat. You rock. And, for the fact that I think I can smell Mark's 'whites' here on the Vineyard. And to think (in regards to Mark's unmentionables) everyone else here on the Island thought that they were smelling a dead whale which had washed up on the beach. Awesome...

Maevenly

Katherine C. Teel said...

One of my students did her informative speech on Waverly Hill Sanitarium in Louisville, which is said to be very haunted, and Matt and I have been reading up on that place. Talk about scary. I have totally freaked myself out this week, and it isn't even officialy Haloween yet!