Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Daddy and Grandma!

I've missed some important happenings in June; I mean, I've missed blogging about them. SOMEONE was supposed to send me a link or a DVD to her performance at Royals' Stadium, but hasn't yet done so.

However, today and yesterday are important days and shouldn't be skipped. Yesterday was my Daddy's 61st birthday! Yay! I saw Daddy at the Royals' game on the 1st, and we had a great time. My Daddy taught me everything I believe so strongly about honor and honesty and responsibility; thank you, Daddy. I love you so much.

And today is Grandma Hood's 89th birthday! I realized today that Betty is our oldest living relative--way to go, Betty! (I think I have a great aunt in Scranton who is about the same age, but I'm not sure how old she is...) It is such a gift that my kids get to spend time with her and ask her about her life and listen to her stories. She has some great stories; my favorites are the ones about her childhood in Kansas City, my hometown. It's changed a lot, but I wouldn't know much about that if I hadn't gotten to hear Grandma talk about it. Love you, Grandma! Happy Birthday!

For those of you who are praying people, send up a prayer for my Daddy and for Grandma Hood.

Kathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Ray! And thank you, Kat, for remembering Grandma Hood. She said tonight that 89 years old is too old for anyone to be, but I think she was kidding!

Love you!
Mom Teel

Annie said...

Dad stole the DVD before I could do anything with it, took it to Pooky's and apparently she has saved it to her computer and also burned copies. I told her to email it to you... and to me, since I don't even have a copy now! :P

Happy Birthday, Daddy and Grandma Hood!!