Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, David!


David turned 6 on Wednesday! I really can't believe that. When he was born he was 4 pounds 11 ounces, and when we brought him home from the hospital, he could fit entirely in Matt's hands. Now he's tall, one of the tallest in his class, and funny and smart and polite and so very loving.

We had his birthday party on Saturday at the Super 8 hotel swiming pool. They hadn't had school all week because of the ice, so there weren't very many kids there, but Grammy and Papa were there, as well as John and Nancy. And of course, David's sisters. He adores his sisters, and they love him, too. I'm always so impressed at how patient they are with him, how they go out of their way to include him and play with him and help him out. I don't think I was that nice to my brother (sorry, Ray...).

Anyway, David has started playing basketball, and we're already signed up for Spring soccer. I am so glad he is moving up a level and playing with kids who are a little bit older. If anyone wants a basketball or soccer game schedule, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And happy belated birthday to David!