Saturday, September 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Sweetie

Okay, well, as usual, I'm a bit late on this. But rest assured, we did celebrate Matt's birthday at home, with presents and ice cream cake.

I would like to give a shout-out to Mom and Dad Teel, who made this day possible. Thanks for doing all that, because I'm really glad he was born.

I read an article recently where the writer asserted, "Your husband is not your best friend. Your best friend is your best friend. If your husband is your best friend, you need more friends." I feel sorry for that writer. I have excellent, wonderful friends...my sisters being high on the list, as well as my gals in the Playhouse. But I can only imagine that the article writer has no experience of a marriage in which the two people laugh a lot and believe in each other and go the extra mile and share values but not necessarily opinions and find rest and comfort and sheer fun in each others' presence and rush back home at the end of the day because the other one is waiting there. How sad for her.

So, to my Sweetie, Happy Birthday. I love you, and you are my best friend. Also, you're a lot older than me, so that makes me happy, too.

Your adoring and much younger wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you are so welcome! We're glad he was born, too, although as I told him, I think we've somehow miscalculated his age. He CAN'T be that old!! I'm so glad you two are best friends. That's the only way to be for a successful marriage.

Kristina said...

LOL

I agree with you whole heartedly!!!! My hubby is my best friend too!